Parasound Halo P7 Multi-Channel Preamplifier
The Parasound Halo P 7 is the perfect product for those wanting the best of both worlds – discerning home theatre and the most desirable stereo, as it will satisfy the most demanding two-channel audio purist who may also enjoy multichannel music and movies.
DescriptionThe Parasound Halo P 7 is the perfect product for those wanting the best of both worlds – discerning home theatre and the most desirable stereo, as it will satisfy the most demanding two-channel audio purist who may also enjoy multichannel music and movies. It is both a two-channel and a 7.1-channel analogue pre-amplifier with outstanding performance and an easy-to-use interface. For serious listeners who wish to use the P 7 in conjunction with their digital home theatre surround system we provide a volume control bypass mode. A sub-woofer output with analogue bass management enables your sub-woofer to be operational with two channel analogue sources. The P7 utilises Parasound’s know how in exemplary form – as it has a myriad of user friendly features. On the input section, the P7 features two multi channel (7.1) inputs for surround sound movies and music, plus seven stereo inputs (with one balanced XLR input). It also boasts a dedicated MM or MC phono input and a handy front panel 3.5mm input jack for auxiliary sources. This deft and adaptable pre-amp also excels on it’s output stage with both unbalanced RCA and balanced XLR 7.1 outputs, that work in conjunction and combine beautifully with a sub-woofer output with analogue bass management. Befitting of it’s connectivity and complimentary to it’s adaptability, the P7 also features a very useful serial control interface for more ‘enhanced’ systems or custom installations, and is also suited with three 12V trigger outputs for 3 different functions. This pedigree is further enriched by the P7’s rich software features – such as it’s theatre bypass mode for connecting a digital surround receiver, handy source input level matching and also headphone level offset control. So whether the P7 is being used in the front room or if it is rack mounted in a custom installation environment – it is sure to be equally at home, whilst delivering the best possible performance that only a Parasound product can!
- Frequency Response: 5 Hz – 100 kHz, +0/-3 dB
- Total harmonic distortion: < 0.006% at 20 kHz
- S/N ratio: > 110 dB, input shorted, IHF A-weighted; > 95 dB, input shorted, unweighted
- Cross-talk: 85 dB at 20 kHz
- Line Input Impedance: Unbalanced: 14.2k Ω; Balanced: 4.7k Ω per leg
- Phono Input Impedance: MM setting: 47k Ω; MC setting: 100 Ω
- Output Impedance: Unbalanced: < 60 Ω; Unbalanced: < 60 Ω per leg
- Input Sensitivity: 200 mV for 1 V output; Total Gain: 14 dB (Volume limiter set to 110); Maximum Output: 8 V (Vol. Limiter set to 110)
- XLR Pin Identification: 1 = Ground (Shield); 2 = Positive; 3 = Negative
- AC Power Requirement: 100 – 250 V / 50 – 60 Hz (voltage is automatically selected); 10 watts standby; 65 watts when turned on
- Dimensions: Width: 17-1/4″ (437 mm); Depth: 13-3/4″ (350 mm); Height, with feet: 4-1/8″ (105 mm); Height, without feet: 3-1/2″ (89 mm)
- Weight: Net: 13.5 lbs. (6.1 Kg); Shipping: 20.5 lbs. (9.3 Kg)
- Finishes: Black; Silver